We are looking for a qualified Mobile Application Developer to join our team!
As a Mobile Application Developer at InterConnected, you will design and code functional programs and applications mainly focusing on the mobile meditation app space. We build primarily on the Ionic Framework and hybrid apps and you will be pivotal in this regard.
You will be working with the founders, other team members and contractors to produce high quality apps that we are all proud of to release to the public. We expect you to take the lead with contractors and guide them in their work towards the outcome of the development goals as needed. Some direct communications with clients, to discuss requirements and work through the development stages to meet client expectations and goals is important.
We are a small, but growing team and albeit the role is primarily Mobile App Development, we do need someone who is happy to work flexibly with other areas, such as some support, some app publishing to app stores and replying to user feedback and so on. Longer term as the team grows, those positions will have dedicated staff.
We have the start-up approach that we “can do” anything if we put our minds to it and try to do it with a smile. We want you to join the team and feel your input makes a direct impact on the outcome of the business.
For the right person, this role will grow with them.
Mobile Application Developer duties and responsibilities
- Understand clients’ applications requirements
- Identify key application features
- Work with other IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes based on specifications
- Designing great UI/UX and where needed working with designers to implement their designs
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Troubleshoot applications and some user support
- Actively find bugs and offer timely solutions
- Test existing applications, identify deficiencies and offer solutions.
- Build new apps from the ground up where needed based on client specifications and requirements
- Quality assurance and code reviews
- Documentation of code and app infrastructure
Mobile Application Developer requirements and qualifications
- Experience in Hybrid mobile development across both iOS and Android. (Having Windows experience is a plus)
- Experience in building Hybrid Mobile Application Frameworks: Cordova, Phone Gap, Ionic (Angular JS and React JS is a plus)
- Knowledge in Java, Swift/Objective-C SDKs, Cordova – Plugins framework, Native Features – Push Notifications, Camera, Location, etc
- Knowledge of REST services, working with Vendor Mobile APIs, Push notifications, etc
- WordPress and MySQL experience a positive
- Understanding of AWS Lambda functionality
- 3+ years of experience as an Application Developer or similar role
- 3+ years of experience in designing and building applications
- Experience software design and programming principles
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills – find a solution however you can
- Good time-management skills – goal orientated delivery is important
- Great interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate customer interactions as needed
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field or MSc/MA will be appreciated
- Certified application developer is a plus